When last Sunday the Belgian police asked the citizens not to publish anything on the internet about the operations that were taking place all over the country, the reaction of the citizens was extraordinary.
The Belgian forces, looking of suspects of the attacks in Paris, asked citizens to stay in their homes and not to look out the windows for their safety.
They also asked for silence on social networks about all police actions, so as not to give information to the possible terrorists.
A very tense moment, without a doubt. But Belgium reacted. How? – with cats.
People started using the hashtag #BrusselsLockdown with images of their cats:
– Seimen Burum (@SeimenBurum) November 22, 2015
– Lore 🎈 (@loredewitte) November 22, 2015
– Delphine Jory (@Ladyblogue) November 22, 2015
– anna-rose #FBPE #ABTV (@lopcute) November 22, 2015
– Amit Bhat (@amitbhatr) November 22, 2015
– TineEeckhout (@TineEeckhout) November 22, 2015
– Mr. Jane Austen (@ExTimUpperClass) November 22, 2015
– melissa jacobs (@deathrep) November 22, 2015
And when the worst happened, with the official announcement that everything was over, there was a message of gratitude:
– CrisisCenter Belgium (@CrisiscenterBE) November 22, 2015 A message of gratitude:
Thanks for the media and citizens for their silence online as asked during the legal intervention tonight #BrusselsLockdown
– CrisisCenter Belgium
The Belgian police thanked the cats for their help:
– Police Fédérale (@policefederale) November 23, 2015
We hope you liked it. Do not forget share it with your friends!