Dana Sedgewick is 44 years old, lives in Sheffield and has three children. One day, I was quiet at home, following the daily routine. It was time to shave his legs and pubic area and, therefore, the time to launch the new razor that he had bought, with the bad luck that, while trimming the hair from his pubic area, his groin was cut .
Two days later, she started experiencing dizziness and nausea. He went to his family doctor, who prescribed antibiotics. Later, a red rash appeared in the area that was turning black.
He quickly went to the emergency room, where he was told that he had contracted a serious infection causing a necrosis. This condition causes the bacteria to release toxins that attack the surrounding soft tissue.
"When I arrived at the hospital, my legs were covered with rotting black flesh," says Dana.
The doctors had to operate it, trying to eliminate as much decaying skin and save his legs. But they only gave her a 30% chance of survival, since her kidneys failed her and her heart stopped four times, so they induced her to a coma that lasted nine days.
When she woke up, she was transferred to the burn unit of a specialized hospital. The doctors warned her that she would not be able to walk again, but thanks to her husband, Mathew, 47, who supported her a lot, she has recovered and now she can walk with crutches after intense physiotherapy. Six weeks later, she was discharged.
Dana underwent 21 operations over the next four years to improve the appearance of her skin.
"Like many women, I tried to keep the bikini area shaved but I cut myself with my new razor. During the weekend I felt bad and I discovered a pimple in my groin. I did not worry, since I usually have rashes and pimples when I shave. I never imagined that that little pimple would cost me my life, "says Dana.
What did you think of this horrifying story? Do you usually shave with razor?
Do not forget share with all your friends and family!
Source: Americanow | Dailymail | Madworldnews