Almost everyone tends to heat food that has been left over from previous days in the mircroondas. It is simply a matter of saving and not wasting food, but what we are not aware of is that after that good gesture there may be more dangers than we think .
Reheating food in the microwave can be dangerous  The key is that if we leave the food at room temperature can create bacteria around it, the problem is that the microwave is not capable of destroying all those bacteria.
The most normal thing that can happen with the reheated is that you have food poisoning. The symptoms of this ailment can be vomiting, diarrhea and stomach pains, or even worse. No doubt, you have to be careful with this.
Some foods are more likely to create bacteria
One of the foods behind much of the food poisoning is rice. This cereal when it is raw has spores of bacteria that can survive the reheating process. If after cooking the rice, is left too long at room temperature, the bacteria can double or even multiply.
Another food that you will think twice before reheating is ] the green vegetables . When they are cooked, the bacteria they have make the nitrates it contains turn into nitrites. When you reheat food you can form more nitrites than normal. This can lead to methemoglobinemia, where the body can not adequately transfer oxygen in blood around the body.
Potatoes are also dangerous, may contain Clostridium botulinum bacteria, which can cause botulism. The problem is in people storing potatoes after cooking them. If it is put in room temperature in aluminum foil, without oxygen, then the bacteria can grow.
There is no need to leave the food at room temperature
Chicken and egg
The egg and the chicken are very likely to be contaminated with salmonella, so you should avoid reheating them unless you want to have serious stomach problems. Also, mushrooms is better than commas at the moment, otherwise your proteins will start to break down causing you belly pain. With the case of oil, happens similar so you should be careful
Immediately save the leftovers
] To avoid stomach poisoning you have to do immediately store the leftovers in the fridge and do not leave them under any circumstances at room temperature. When you are going to heat it, make sure it boils – as long as the food allows it – so you make sure that the bacteria die.
Do you usually reheat food a lot? Tell us in the comments if you have ever had any food poisoning!
Share with your friends and family so that they walk with an eye!
Cover image: Shutterstock By Halfbottle / Shutterstock By Andrey_Popov