On some occasions, women may suffer from hormonal problems that influence many aspects of their lives, both physical and emotional. The most common symptoms are usually changes in mood and weight, pain and skin problems, among others.
These hormonal problems are usually related to age but can also be caused by an inadequate diet or by genetics.
Hormones have a very important regulatory function in a woman's body, influencing from physical and mental development to our weight. It mainly has 7 types of hormones:
- Progesterone: It is vital during ovulation and pregnancy. Prepare the uterus for the implantation of the ovum and the progress of pregnancy. During breastfeeding facilitates breast augmentation to secrete milk.
- DHEA: Alterations of this hormone can cause muscle pain, fatigue and lack of sexual desire.
- Cortisol: Cortisol regulates blood pressure, stress levels, sugar levels and the immune system.
- Estrogen: Are responsible for the development of the characters sexual as the appearance of menstruation or the growth of the breasts.
- Testosterone: The ovaries are responsible for secreting this hormone but its presence is much higher in men than in women.
- Thyroid: The secretes the thyroid gland and are responsible for helping burn calories from food. When there is an imbalance of this type, you can increase or decrease weight suddenly.
- Oxytocin: It is related to pleasure during sex and with libido. Having problems with this hormone could make orgasm impossible.
Hormonal problems usually occur with menstruation, the pregnancy, lactation and menopause . However, diet, genetic predisposition and stress are also other less common causes of these imbalances.
Diet can trigger a metabolic alteration, genetics can increase the tendency to suffer from alterations such as hyperthyroidism ] and stress can affect the endocrine system by releasing high levels of cortisol.
Symptoms of hormonal problems
These are the 15 symptoms that help you to know that you have hormonal problems:
- Sudden loss or weight gain
- Fatigue or tiredness
- Insomnia or trouble sleeping
- Digestive problems
- Hot flushes
- ] Lack of sexual appetite
- Hair loss
- Fluid retention
- Mood changes
- Ma and memory loss
- Excessive sweating
- Skin problems
- Vaginal dryness
When there are hormonal changes in women aged 30-35 years there is a greater tendency to gain weight, lose skin elasticity, lose muscle mass and lose bone mass, increasing the risk of osteoporosis.
From the age of 40 the woman heads towards premenopause and menopause extending to 54 and then the symptoms appear, the loss of menstruation the most prominent symptom.
It is very important to know that these symptoms will appear in lesser or greater measure. However, a balanced diet and exercise can help reduce these effects . Do not forget to see a doctor at least once a year for a review.
Did you know everything that female hormones carry? Have you suffered any of these problems? Tell us in the comments!
Share with all your friends and family to know about these hormonal changes!